Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hiring a car

Have spent a good deal of time today looking at car hire options and wondering whether to book ahead or leave it to chance. In the end I decided to reserve. I selected what looked like a good deal, and found the same deal charged differently depending on how I approached the website. It appears that you get a worse deal by prepaying, despite what the website implied, and I ended up making the same booking twice in two different ways...I've cancelled the first (more expensive by almost 3 hundred pounds!) one and am awaiting the repayment on my poor wornout credit card. Now I feel depressed and stressed. Have I got it right or am I being tricked. the inconsistencies leave me feeling uncertain. Why do I feel as though Iam a chicken waiting to be plucked ... or fleeced ... or something!

No comments: